Tuition and fees are based on the type of classroom your child is in and change when children move from one class to the next. All tuition rates are monthly regardless of class days per month –there are no discounts or credits for holidays or absences. Tuition and fees are subject to change. The School attempts to provide notice at least three months in advance of such changes. Tuition rates typically adjust each September (usually about 5%).
Infants & Mobile Babies (6 weeks to about 15-18 months)
Toddlers (15-18 months to about 24 months)
Fives (Pre-K Enrichment)
The School offers drop in service, space permitting, at a daily rate for families who need short term care. The fees are $115 per day for preschoolers and $135 per day for infants and toddlers. Drop-in services must be reserved in advance and are only available when space allows.
When families start or end in the middle of the month, tuition is charged at the daily rate or at the full monthly rate, whichever is less.
Checks should be made payable to Rock Spring Children’s Center or simply to "RSCC". Unless prior written arrangements are made, all fees must be received on or before the first day of each month. A late fee of $25 is imposed for payments not received by the fifth of the month, plus a $5 fee per day thereafter until balances are paid in full. A $35 fee is charged for each returned check. If tuition is not paid by the 10th day of the month, enrollment will be suspended until the tuition is paid. Continual late payments may result in immediate dismissal from the School and forfeiture of deposit.
Deposits and Other Fees / Tuition:
· A deposit of one month's tuition is required to hold a space when offered. The deposit is held by the School and applied to the child's last monthly statement provided parents provide written notice at least one calendar month prior to withdrawal and the child has been enrolled in the School for at least 2 months.
· If you accept a space and then elect to not enroll your child at RSCC for any reason, you would FORFEIT this deposit. We typically offer spots and accept deposits about 2-4 months ahead of when the spot is available. If a family changes plans after accepting a spot, we have to scramble to find a replacement family. Sometimes we are successful, but sometimes we are not and the School loses money. In addition to the extra resources we have to expend to find a new family, this situation also results in us having turned down other families who very much wanted to become a part of RSCC who then commit to other arrangements. We need families to be absolutely sure they are committed to coming when they accept a space by putting down their deposit.
· A non-refundable registration fee of $50 per child is required at the time of enrollment. This is credited from your waitlist fee if you paid one.
· The School provides weekly music and movement classes. By popular demand, we also have some outside services that come to the School and offer such extracurricular activities as ballet, soccer, JumpBunch, and other fun activities. Families interested in those activities for their children pay those companies directly to participate.
· Parents are responsible for bringing lunch for their children and any special food or drinks that they may require (such as bottles for infants). The School provides breakfast, an afternoon snack (two for the toddlers), and milk. For those who prefer, we have an arrangement with an outside food service to provide lunch each day for the older children. The cost of the lunch service is $75 per month or $5 per day if you opt for certain days. There is an additional $6 charge for any day you do not bring a lunch for your child if you are not signed up for lunch (it happens sometimes, but we don't want it to happen too often!).
· A cash fine of $10 for each 15 minutes or portion thereof is paid directly to the staff for late pick-up of a child. Continual late pickup will result in dismissal from the School. If you know you won’t be able to pick up by 6pm, extended care until 6:45pm is available on most days at an additional charge of $100 per month or $10 per use. However, you must notify the School by 4pm if you plan to use this service. Extended care is not available on days where we close early, have staff meetings or school events at the end of the School day, and other days that will be announced in advance.· While we understand that families sometimes need part-time and temporary options, the School does not officially offer these options. When we are able to make exceptions to this policy, it will be under conditions that ensure that the spots are fully paid for each month. Families interested in this option should review the Part Time Agreement that they will have to fill out to engage in a part time arrangement. It is available in the office or on our website at www.rockspringchildrenscenter.com/resources/Part+Time+Agreement.pdf.